How does it work?
The most commonly used Six Sigma methodology is the “DMAIC cycle” which provides a project and control loop approach.The DMAIC core process is used already causally and data is used to analyze existing processes as appropriate with regard to “cause/effect” to achieve the required target level. The 5-Phase model of the DMAIC ensures a senseful sequence.
At the beginning of the Analysis phase the process is visualized as detailed as necessary in order to draw and to describe the actual running process. This is done commonly in Workshops together with the operators involved and it should produce also the same understanding about the process. Additionally they are looking for all of the potential causes.
This tool is supported and complemented by further tools like Ishikawa or FMEA, both are investigating root cause connections as well. Based on these results the next steps are to drill down to the most probable causes (prioritization)and then to develop the most relevant hypothesis related to the process problem. This is the input for the proving phase.
What is the problem?
- Collection and selection of customer requirements (VOC and CTS)
- Develop the project charter
- Current process document ( SIPOC ) and setting of process targets
- Evaluation of project risks
How big is the problem?
- Select an output metrics Y
- Collect and select X variables
- Plan and carry out data collection
- Calculate current process performance
- Check data quality (e. g. Gage R&R-method)
What are the causes?
- Preparing hypotheses and analysis
- Analysis of the process and data
- Determine root cause
- Determine costs
- Summarize cause-and-effect relationships
What is the process improvement?
- Optimal parameterization
- Generate new solutions, choose and implement the best
- Define achievable potential
How is sustainability ensured?
- Create a Process Control Plan
- Document the process
- Transfer knowledge and responsibility
- Evaluate the project and close
MCRS = Management Control & Reporting System
We offer the following Consulting services:
Workshops and review of the existing situation
Deployment of Six Sigma into the organisation
- Coaching of Six Sigma projects from the pre-define phase, adjusted to your specific needs
- Support in Data Mining applications for process and product optimisation
Let’s get started!
We’re looking forward to providing you with a quote, a demo or any information about our services.